Application for membership in the Marshal Martz Memorial Astronomical Association follows the process dictated by the Association’s Bylaws. The process is summarized below:
- Applicant must fill out this Membership Application and submit it to the Membership Committee for review. Per the Bylaws, the applicant may undergo a background check at the discretion of the Membership Committee and/or the Board of Directors.
- The Membership Committee will meet to review the application and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- If the Board of Directors recommend the applicant’s membership, it will be voted on by the general membership at the next General membership Meeting (held monthly).
- If the Board of Directors DO NOT recommend the applicant’s membership, the applicant can still appeal the decision to the general membership at the next General Membership Meeting.
- The general membership makes the final determination.
Membership Levels: There are three available types of membership:
Full privileges including one vote and holding office ($25 Annually)
Full privileges for all family members, two votes maximum and the ability to hold an office. ($30 Annually)
Available to full or part-time students at an accredited institution. Student memberships have regular membership privileges except voting and holding office. ($15 Annually)
Full Membership Privileges include:
Training, Access to our Library, Free Access to Public Nights and Guest Speaker Events, Use of our Facilities. For an example applicants should know they can expect a bi-monthly newsletter, being invited to member social events, can borrow a telescope to take home after proper training, can partake in taking their own astro-images with proper instruction and to have family members included during events and an opportunity to become a member of the the board during election time.
Multi-year Membership is encouraged:
This allows you to lock in current rates by pre-paying for your membership. You can pay now and not have to deal with reminders and the effort to renew annually. Membership dues are one of our primary funding sources. The ability to understand our funding over multiple years allows us to plan – and execute – over longer periods of time. Our recent major remodel took several years. Understanding our members’ commitment gave us the confidence to proceed.