Application for membership in the Marshal Martz Memorial Astronomical Association follows the process dictated by the Association’s Bylaws. The process is summarized below:
- Applicant must fill out this Membership Application and submit it to the Membership Committee for review. Per the Bylaws, the applicant may undergo a background check at the discretion of the Membership Committee and/or the Board of Directors.
- The Membership Committee will meet to review the application and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- If the Board of Directors recommend the applicant’s membership, it will be voted on by the general membership at the next General membership Meeting (held monthly).
- If the Board of Directors DO NOT recommend the applicant’s membership, the applicant can still appeal the decision to the general membership at the next General Membership Meeting.
- The general membership makes the final determination.
Membership Levels: There are three available types of membership:
Full privileges including one vote and holding office ($25 Annually)
Full privileges for all family members, two votes maximum and the ability to hold an office. ($30 Annually)
Available to full or part-time students at an accredited institution. Student memberships have regular membership privileges except voting and holding office. ($15 Annually)
Full Membership Privileges include:
Training, Access to our Library, Free Access to Public Nights and Guest Speaker Events, Use of our Facilities. For an example applicants should know they can expect a bi-monthly newsletter, being invited to member social events, can borrow a telescope to take home after proper training, can partake in taking their own astroimages with proper instruction and to have family members included during events and an opportunity to become a member of the the board during election time.